Thursday 5 December 2013

how to pick up hitch hikers and make friends

Emma and Erin of Who Loves That

As you know I recently moved to Geelong and we've been settling in nicely in this pretty little town. The only thing is - I don't know a single soul here! But it's funny the way you can make friends...

Last month my husband Nick and I decided to go to Derby Day races at Flemington. After missing the train to Melbourne (urrghh) we decided to just jump in the car and drive ourselves there (it's just an hour away!). We stopped to grab fuel and noticed a nicely dressed couple at the service station just standing there... the guy told my husband they too had missed the train and asked if they could get a lift to the races with us!!! Haha at least we weren't the only ones!

So we got talking to these stylish 'hitch hikers' and realised that this lovely lady Erin has an interior design/DIY blog! Umm.... well I happen to be an interior design nut and sell art online! Match made. Her website Who Loves That was created with her friend Emma, and these ladies are incredible with what they come up with! Home entertaining and styling ideas as well as super cute DIYs. I was just so chuffed to meet a fellow Geelong resident who was crazy about this stuff like I was!

I've since caught up with Erin and met Emma too. I knew when I saw Emma's shirt 'Hold me closer Tony Danza' that she had great style. Scroll down for a few of my favourite pics off their site but make sure you go and check out their full website here and subscribe to their blog. They have plans to create an online store with a curation of beautiful hand-picked suppliers so keep a look out!

And that concludes my lesson in 'how to pick up hitch hikers and make friends'

Kimmy

DIY chalkboard tray by Who Loves That

DIY painted pots, by Who Loves That

Timber curation by Who Loves That

Story on Mossgreen Tearooms by Who Loves That

Birthday Party Styling by Who Loves That

Christmas Table Styling by Who Loves That



No comments:

Post a Comment